| Madrid de los Austrias viewed from el Parque del Cerro del Tío Pío. Photo taken 27th January, 2010, by Michael Bruce Berendzen. |
Reflecting
upon my last 4 years here I think of all of the great things I have learned
here. When I say "here" I am talking about Madrid, Spain.
To be broader I should just say the Spain. I have had so many great
experiences here. These experiences have changed me and are molding me
into what I am and what I will become, a process I like to call
"spainicise."
Yes, I
have invented a word. The act of “spainicising” is having your life
changed by the country of Spain. In this
4 year “university of life” Spain has taught me to:
1. Live
without fear.
2. Be
more confident.
3. Challenge
myself.
4. Eat
well.
5. Do
sport.
6. Lose weight.
7. Grow
up physically and mentally, but still feel like I am 23 years old.
8. Fight
and work hard for what I want.
9. Make
sacrifices.
10.Learn
about life, languages, and laughter.
11. Sing
loud and proud.
12. Love
and fall in love.
13. Share
and be less selfish.
14. Listen
and not talk so much.
15. Cook,
cook, and cook some more.
16. Be
more diplomatic.
17. Read
more.
18. Be
more optimistic.
19. Not
believe everything.
20. Have
dreams and believe they come true.
21.
Travel near or far and get the most out of it.
22. Write
to express myself and feel better.
23. Smile
to make people happy.
24. To
teach, and not only in the classroom.
25. To
run for many reasons.
In this
blog I will explain how I’ve been “spainicised” and what you can learn from my
experiences.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario